Terms of Engagement – Adjudication
Appointing an adjudicator
- Make preliminary contact to establish my availability. I only need to know party names (to avoid conflict of interest) and the general nature of the dispute.
- Where parties have agreed to an appointment the claimant must make a written request to act, accompanied by a copy of the notice of adjudication (section 33).
- I will promptly indicate my availability, and any conditions for acceptance of appointment.
- If there is no agreed adjudicator the claimant may apply to an authorised nominating authority (ANA).
I appear on the adjudicator lists for the following authorised nominating authorities:
- Arbitrators’ & Mediators’ Institute of New Zealand Inc www.aminz.org.nz
- Royal institute of Chartered Surveyors Inc www.rics.org.nz
- FairWay Resolution Ltd www.fairwayresolution.com
Please refer to Subpart 2 of the Construction Contracts Act 2002 for details of adjudicator appointment.
Download a copy of our standard terms of engagement – Terms of Engagement
or, if you wish to enquire about a mediation appointment please see our contact page